Wednesday, July 6, 2011

RASPBERRY SQUARES

A quick and easy dessert to make and sure it would be welcome at any cookout. It is filled with a favorite of mine, raspberry jam.
I lived for a few years in Anchorage, Alaska and rasperries were in full bloom during the short summer months.  Just one thing, the bears like them also.  I would pick a few, stop and look around then go back to picking.  Took awhile but my baskets would be full in no time. They were so juicy, and hugh. I made raspberry pies, cobblers, and jams.



3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 ts salt
1 cup Crisco or butter
2 eggs
1 1/4 tbsp almond extract
1 jar of raspberry jam

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.


In your bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and blend in the Crisco.  Add the eggs and extract and blend.  Press 3/4 of this crumbly mixture into the greased and floured pan.  Spread the jam over the base and using your hands crumble the remaining topping and sprinkle over the jam.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. These look delicious! And, I'm so jealous you were able to pick your berries yourself! But, I'm not so jealous of the possibility of bears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so funny! you are right, your raspberry squares look a lot like my berry crumb bars! great minds think alike!!

    ReplyDelete